1. To pay Excise Duty and Service Tax online, the Assessee has to enter the 15 digit Assessee Code allotted by the jurisdictional Commissionerate.
2. There will be an online check on the validity of the Assessee Code entered.
3. If the Assessee code is valid, then corresponding assessee details like Name, Address, Commissionerate code etc. as present in the Assessee Code Master will be displayed.
4. Based on the Assessee Code, the duty / tax i.e. excise duty or service tax to be paid will be automatically selected.
5. The Assessee is required to select the type of duty / tax to be paid by clicking on <91>Select Accounting Codes for Excise<92> or <91>Select Accounting Codes for Service Tax<92> depending on the type of duty / tax to be paid.
6. At a time the assessee can select upto six Accounting Codes.
7. The assessee should also select the bank through which payment is to be made.
8. On submission of data entered, a confirmation screen will be displayed. If the taxpayer confirms the data entered in the screen, it will be directed to the net-banking site of the bank selected.
9. The taxpayer will login to the net-banking site with the user id/ password provided by the bank for net-banking purpose and enter payment details at the bank site.
10. On successful payment, a challan counterfoil will be displayed containing CIN, payment details and bank name through which e-payment has been made. This counterfoil is proof of payment being made.
Excise or service tax payment done through ICICI Bank, HDFC Bank and Axis Bank can be done by assesses for select commissionerates only. For all other banks authorized for collection of excise duty or service tax, payment can be made for all commissionerates.