D.O. F.No.A-12026/3/2011-Ad.I Dated- 4th April, 2011
CLR Note: Income Tax Department seeks to appoint Ombudsman. The Ombudsman shall have the powers to (a) receive complaints from taxpayers on any matters specified in clause 9; (b) consider such complaints and facilitate their satisfaction or settlement by agreement, throughconciliation and mediation between the Income Tax Department and the aggrieved parties or bypassing an ˜award™ in accordance with the Guidelines;(c) require the Income Tax Authority complained against or any other related Income Tax Authorityto provide any information or furnish certified copies of any document relating to the subject matterof the complaint which is or is alleged to be in its possession; provided that in the event of failure ofsuch authority to comply with the requisition without any sufficient cause, the Ombudsman may, ifhe deems fit, draw the inference that the information, if provided or copies if furnished, would beunfavourable to the concerned Income Tax Authority;(d) suggest remedial measures for redressal of grievances; and(e) report his findings to the Secretary, Department of Revenue, GOI and the Chairman CBDT forappropriate action against erring officials;
GOVERNMENT OF INDIA
MINISTRY OF FINANCE
DEPARTMENT OF REVENUE
NORTH BLOCK, NEW DELHI-110001
You are aware that the Government of India has created 12 posts of Income Tax Ombudsman at 12 stations, namely New Delhi, Mumbai, Chennai, Kolkata, Bangalore, Hyderabad, Ahmedabad, Pune, Lucknow, Chandigarh, Bhopal and Kochi under the Income Tax Ombudsman Guidelines 2010. Selection to the post of Income Tax Ombudsman is likely to be made for some locations which are likely to be vacant shortly.
2. The post of Income Tax Ombudsman is in the HAG+ Pay Scale of Rs. 75500-80000/-. Therefore, it is requested that names of suitable officers fulfilling the eligibility criteria mentioned in the Income Tax Ombudsman Guidelines, 2010 (copy enclosed) indicating their preferred locations may be sent by29.04.2011 to enable selection of Income Tax Ombudsmen. In case no preference of locations is indicated, it would be presumed that he/she is willing to be posted in any of the locations. The applications received after the due date will not be considered and are liable to be rejected. The nominations should be accompanied with Cadre clearance, History of postings, Vigilance clearance and ACR dossiers.
3.11. The Ombudsman selected shall be a person who has held a post in the Government of India in the HAG scale of pay of Rs. 67,000-79,000/-(pre-revised pay scale of Rs. 22,400-52524,500) on regular basis for at least one year and shall preferably be a resident of the city where he/she is proposed to be appointed. He/she shall be a serving officer (as on the last date for receipt of applications which is 29th April, 2011) preferably of the Indian Revenue Service (Income Tax). If a suitable officer from that service is not available, officers of equivalent grade of any other Group ˜A™ service of the Central Government may be appointed. When appointed as Ombudsman, the officer, if he/she is still in service under the Government of India, shall seek retirement from Government service, before entering upon the office as an Ombudsman.
4. You are also requested to inform the applicants that if they intend to withdraw their candidature for any reason, they may do so on or before 31.05.2011. In case they are considered and selected for appointment by the ACC, they should not decline the appointment. If they withdraw the application after31.05.2011 or if they decline the appointment or if they do not join within 30 days of the order of appointment, they will not be considered for any further appointment outside their cadre for three years. They will also then be debarred for consideration for appointment outside the cadre and in any Autonomous Body/Statutory Body/Regulatory Body for a period of three years. No further notice in this regard will be given to them.
Joint Secretary (R)
Shri Sudhir Chandra,
Central Board of Direct Taxes,
Ends: As above Copy to
1. Shri Shishir Jha, CIT(MC), CBDT with the request that wide publicity of this vacancy circular may be given through wspapers and related websites. ..
2. DG (Systems), CBDT with the request that this vacancy circular may be posted on the web site of the CBDT.
3. Technical Director, NIC, Department of Personnel and Training, Room No. 11/A, North Block, New Delhi with the request to post this circular on the DoP86T website under the heading Vacancies in the Autonomous Organisations.
4. Section Officer (Computer Cell), Department of Revenue, with the request that this vacancy circular may be posted on the official web site of the Department of Revenue.
Joint Secretary (R)
Tag: income tax ombudsman