UBD.CO.BPD (PCB) Cir.No.48/14.01.062/2010-11
May 11, 2011
The Chief Executive Officer of
All Primary (Urban) Co-operative Banks
List of Terrorist Individuals /Organisations under UNSCR 1267 (1999) and 1822
(2008) on Taliban/Al-Qaida Organisation
Please refer to our circular UBD.CO. BPD (PCB).Cir.No.44/14.01.062/2010-11 dated May 2, 2011. We have since received from Government of India (Ministry of External Affairs) copy of note dated April 28, 2011 forwarded by the Chairman of UN Security Council™s 1267 Committee regarding changes made in the Consolidated List of Individuals and entities linked to Al-Qaida and Taliban.
2. Urban Co-operative Banks are required to update the consolidated list of individuals/entities as circulated by Reserve Bank and before opening any new account, it should be ensured that the name/s of the proposed customer does not appear in the list. Further, banks should scan all existing accounts to ensure that no account is held by or linked to any of the entities or individuals included in the list.
3. Urban Co-operative Banks are advised to strictly follow the procedure laid down in the UAPA Order dated August 27, 2009 enclosed to our circular UBD.CO.BPD. PCB.Cir. No. 21/12.05.001/2009-10 dated November 16, 2009 and ensure meticulous compliance to the Order issued by the Government.
4. As far as freezing of funds, financial assets or economic resources or related services held in the form of bank accounts of the designated individuals/entities are concerned, action should be taken as detailed in paragraph 6 of the circular dated November 16, 2009 mentioned above.
5. The complete details of the said consolidated list are available on the UN website :
6. The Compliance Officer/Principal Officer of the Urban Co-operative Bank should acknowledge receipt of this circular to our Regional Office concerned.
(L. M. Kamble)
Encls: As above