All recognized Stock Exchanges
Sub: Processing of investor complaints against listed companies in SEBIComplaints Redress System (SCORES)
1. SEBI has commenced processing of investor complaints in a centralized webbased complaints redress system ˜SCORES™. The salient features of thissystem are:¢ Centralised database of all complaints,¢ Online movement of complaints to the concerned listed companies,¢ Online upload of Action Taken Reports (ATRs) by the concernedcompanies, and¢ Online viewing by investors of actions taken on the complaint and itscurrent status.
2. All complaints pertaining to companies will be electronically sent throughSCORES at http://scores.gov.in/Admin. The companies are required to view thecomplaints pending against them and submit ATRs alongwith supportingdocuments electronically in SCORES. Failure on the part of the company toupdate the ATR in SCORES will be treated as non redressal of investorcomplaints by the company. Submission of physical ATR will not be accepted forcomplaints lodged in SCORES. For complaints forwarded to companies on orbefore 20/05/2011, physical ATRs should be submitted.
3. The user id and password for logging into SCORES at http://scores.gov.in/Adminare being communicated separately to companies against whom complaints arelodged in SCORES.
4. In case the complaints are processed by the Registrar to Issue and ShareTransfer Agent (RTI/STA) on behalf of the company, the company shouldindicate in the enclosed Annexure whether they require the facility to forwardcomplaints to the RTI/STA, so that the ATRs can be uploaded by them. In suchcases, the name of the RTI/STA, the name of the Compliance Officer and emailid should be furnished, so that the user id and password can be providedaccordingly. Further, failure on the part of the RTI/STA to update the ATR inSCORES will be treated as non redressal of investor complaints by the company.
5. This Circular supercedes the Circular No.OIAE/Cir-1/2009 dated November 25,2009 so far as it relates to Annexure-C to the said Circular wherein thecompanies had to submit physical ATRs on the complaints forwarded by SEBI tothem.
6. All companies whose securities are listed on Stock Exchanges are advised tocomply with the aforesaid Circular.
7. The Stock Exchanges are accordingly advised to bring the provisions of thisCircular to the notice of all the companies whose securities are listed in theexchange and also to disseminate the same on the website.
8. This Circular is issued in exercise of powers conferred under Section 11(1) of theSecurities and Exchange Board of India Act, 1992 to protect the interests ofinvestors in securities and to promote the development of, and to regulate thesecurities market.
Chief General Manage
rOffice of Investor Assistance and Education
Email id – firstname.lastname@example.org