Union Ministry of Culture has announced a scheme which is known as Financial Assistance for Book Fairs, Book Exhibitions and participation in International Book Fairs and publishing Events etc™. The main object of the scheme are popularization of Indian Culture through the quality of Books and create climate n which a vast number of people would buy and read books.
The Scheme is meant for organizing Regional/ National Book Fairs, Exhibitions of rare publications/ manuscripts/ official documents etc. and Seminars, Conferences and other related events for promotion of books and reading habits. Participation in International Book Fairs will also be covered in this Scheme.
Under this Scheme Financial Assistance will be granted for organizing Regional/National Book Fairs, Exhibitions of rare publications/manuscripts/official documents etc., Seminars, Conferences and other related events for promotion of books and reading habits. Participation in International Book Fairs will also be covered in this Scheme. Not-for-Profit organizations, including Societies, Trusts, Universities, Publishers and Book Trade Associations are eligible to apply for grant. The Scheme is however, not meant for such organizations or institutions that are functioning as religious institutions, or as schools/colleges. Applications under the scheme can be made round the year with the following supported documents:-
1. Constitution of Organisation
2. Constitution of Board Management or Governing body and particular of each member
3. Copy of latest available Annual Report
4. A detailed Project Report including brief description of the project, Financial statement of the project giving item wise details of recurring and non-recurring expenditure separately & source from which the counter part funds will be obtained.
5. a statement of Income & expenditure of the applicant or the Origination of the previous three years and copy of the balance sheet for the previous year certified by a Chartered Accountant or a Government Auditor.
6. An Indeminty Bond in the prescribed performa on a stamp paper
7. Details of Bank Account in the prescribed proforma to enable electronic transfer of sanctioned funds.
Grant for specific projects shall be restricted to 75% of the expenditure, subject to a maximum of Rs.10 lakh per event. The Grant will be released in two installments of 75% (first installment) and 25% (second installment). All payments will be made only through electronic transfers.