GOI; MCA; Dated 5th July, 2011
In exercise of the powers confered by clause (A) and (b) of sub- section (1) of section 642 read with sections 266A, 266B and 226E of the Companies Act, 1956 (1 of 1956), the Central Government hereby makes the following rules, further to amend the Companies ( Director Identification Number) Rules, 2006 namely:-
1. Short title and commencement
(1) These rules may be called the Companies Director Identification Number (Third Amendment) Rules, 2011.
(2) They shall come into force with effect from 9th July, 2011.
2. For rule 2, sub- rule (ii), following shall be substituted:-
“Director Identification Number (DIN) means an identification number which the Central Government may allot to any individual, intending to be appointed as director or to any existing directors of a company, for the purpose of his identification as such and includes Designated Partnership Identification Number (DPIN) issued under section 7 of the Limited Liability Partnership Act, 2008 and rules made thereunder.”
3. For Forms DIN-1 and DIN-4, the following Forms shall be substituted, enclosed below:-