Circular No. 949/10/2011-CX
Government of India
Ministry of Finance
Department of Revenue
Central Board of Excise & Customs
New Delhi, The Dated 19th July, 2011
The Director General(All)
The Chief Commissioner of Central Excise(All)
The Commissioner of Central Excise(All)
Subject:- Export warehousing Extension of facility at Tijara Tehsil of Alwar District in the state of Rajasthan – regarding.
I am directed to refer to Board™s Circular No. 581/18/2001-CX dated 29th June, 2001 which, inter-alia, specifies conditions, procedures, class of exporters and places under sub-rule (2) of rule 20 of Central Excise Rules, 2002 for warehousing of excisable goods for the purpose of export. In paragraph 2(2) of the said Circular, the Board has specified places where warehouses may be established to store excisable goods for export. The Board has received representations from the trade to include Tijara Tehsil of Alwar District in the state of Rajasthan in the list of places mentioned in the said Circular.
2. The matter has been examined. Board is of the view that extension of the facility of export warehousing to Tijara Tehsil of Alwar District in the state of Rajasthan would facilitate the trade and industry. Therefore, it has been decided to amend paragraph 2(2) of the Circular No. 581/18/2001-CX dated 29th June, 2001 to include Tijara Tehsil of AlwarDistrict in the state of Rajasthan. Accordingly, the said paragraph shall now read as follows:
(2) Places: The warehouses may be established and registered in Ahmedabad, Bangalore, Kolkata, Chennai, Delhi, Hyderabad, Jaipur, Kanpur, Ludhiana, Mumbai, the districts ofPune and Raigad in the state of Maharashtra, the district of East Midnapore in the state of West Bengal, the district of Kancheepuram in the state of Tamilnadu, the district of Indore in the state of Madhya Pradesh, the taluka Ankleshwar in the district of Bharuch in the state of Gujarat, Navi Mumbai in the district of Thane in the state of Maharashtra, Sholinghur in the district of Vellore in the state of Tamilnadu, Bidadi in the Bangalore Rural District, Karnataka, the district of Thiruvallur in the state of Tamilnadu, the district of Gautam Budh Nagar in the state of Uttar Pradesh, the district of Nagpur in the state of Maharashtra and the Tehsil of Tijara of Alwar district in the state of Rajasthan.
3. The field formations may suitably be informed.
4. Receipt of this Circular may please be acknowledged.
5. Hindi version will follow.
Under Secretary to the Government of India