Competition Law Summit is designed to address the increasing need and implication of rules and regulations of competition policy in an economy. Competition law in India has been relatively emerging at a faster pace. The summit is designed to impart the latest and structured amendment law to the corporates which may facilitate a greater level of fair competition in the region. The summit will showcase the competition law regime that meets and suits the demands of the changed economic scenario in India and abroad.
These regimes not only impose on major corporate initiative such as merger and acquisitions, but they also conduct impact on the day to day trading activities of businesses of all shapes and sizes.
However, concerns have been expressed that there has been a lack of awareness about the competition policy the nature and extent of prevalence of different types of anti-competitive practices in India will pose a major challenges.
This platform will bring together officials from the competition authorities, leading law houses and legal professionals from corporates to share insights, strategies and best practices to assist businesses to cut the uncertainties in Indian Corporates and to understand the rapidly changes in the M&A deal rules and regulations.
Our eminent Speakers:
|Rajinder Sharma- JSW – General Counsel|
|B.Gopalakrisnan- Axis Bank – President & Head (Law)|
|Kumar Sambasivan- Suzlon Energy Ltd – Vice President-Legal|
|K.Anandavasagan- DHFL Ltd – Head Legal|
|Anshuman Sharma- Novartis India – Country General Counsel|
|Ankur Srivatava- RPG Life Sciences Ltd – Head Legal & Company Secretary|
|Debolina Partap- Wockhardt Ltd – Associate Vice President & Head Legal|
|Rajesh Bagga- Tata Motors – Vice President-Legal|
|Giri Giridhar- Wockhardt Ltd – Chief Financial Officer|
|Ashish Chandra- Star India Pvt Ltd – Assistant Vice President Legal|
|Ganapathy Subramaniam- Hathway Cable & Datacom Ltd – Chief Financial Officer|
|Sujeet Jain- Viacom 18 Media Pvt Ltd – Vice President -Business & Legal Affairs Company Secretary & General Counsel|
|Gobind Chandiramani- SabMiller India – Head Legal|
|Deepak Acharya- Procter & Gamble – General Counsel & Director Legal|
|Girish Gokhale- JSW Steel – President Legal & Group General Counsel|
|Sanjay Lalit- Caparo India – Director – Legal & Secretarial|
|Suzanne Rab- King & Spalding – Partner|
|Vinod Dhall- Dhall Law Chambers – Former Chairman CCI|
|Dr.Murthy Shastry- Reserve Bank of India – Legal Officer|
|Dr.K.D.Raju- Rajiv Gandhi Institute of Intellectual Property Law IIT – Assistant Professor of Law|
Areas to be covered
- Competition Law in India Evolution and Current Scenario.
- MRTP ACT transformed to Competition Law Act 2002.
- Competition Panel Issues new M&A Guidelines.
- How to deal with the Competition Law and changing economy
- Protect your business Differentiate yourself!
- Challenges faced by Global Companies under Competition Law.
- Cross Border Competition Issues.
- Comparison & Analysis of India *EU*US -Case Studies.
- Price Fixing Competition.
- Anti-Monopoly Law-Competition Law Case studies in Asia Pacific.
- Abuse of Dominance- Case Study
- Monopoly Collusion and Cartels.
- Importance of Robust Competition & Compliance Law
Benefits Driven Out
- Stay abreast of key developments in India™s established and emerging competition regimes.
- Learn about the recent competition law, including recent changes to the proposed structure and scope of the law.
- Hear from the enforcement authorities in key jurisdictions, for direct insights into enforcement policy and strategy.
- Understand when the merger control and conduct rules in different markets will apply, and how to successfully navigate these developing rules.
- Develop appropriate risk mitigation strategies to ensure compliance in a climate of uncertainty and cost pressure.
- Stay updated with the robust nature of Competition & Compliance Law.
- Legal Advice and sophisticated insight into the international best practices on competition law.
For Further Details, please contact:
Wolters Kluwer (I) Pvt Ltd