The Government of India has reconstituted the Central Board of Directors of the Reserve Bank of India. In a notification issued on Friday, the Government of India has appointed seven new Directors on the Central Board of the Reserve Bank for a period of four years from the date indicated. The new Directors are:
- Shri Dipankar Gupta, Sociologist, former Professor, Jawaharlal Nehru University, New Delhi (w.e.f. September 20, 2011).
- Shri Najeeb Jung, Vice Chancellor, Jamia Millia Islamia, New Delhi (w.e.f. September 22, 2011).
- Shri G. M. Rao, Chairman, GMR Group, Bengaluru (w.e.f. September 23, 2011).
- Smt. Ela Bhatt, founder and General Secretary, of SEWA, the Self-Employed Women’s Association, Ahmedabad (w.e.f. September 23, 2011).
- Smt. Indira Rajaraman, Professor Emeritus, National Institute of Public Finance & Policy, New Delhi (w.e.f. September 23, 2011).
- Shri Anil Kakodkar, Former Chairman, Atomic Energy Commission (Also Chairman, Northern Area Local Board) (w.e.f. September 23, 2011).
- Shri Kiran Karnik, Former Chairman, NASSCOM, (Also, Chairman, Western Area Local Board) (w.e.f. September 23, 2011).
Apart from these new members, four existing members continue to be on the Reserve Bank Board for the present.
- Shri K. M. Birla, Chairman, Aditya Birla Group of Companies
- Shri Azim Premji, Chairman, WIPRO
- Shri H. P. Ranina, Supreme Court Advocate, and
- Shri Lakshmi Chand, IAS (Retd).
Prof. M.M. Sharma, Shri Sanjay Labroo, Shri Suresh Kumar Neotia, Dr. A. Vaidyanathan, Prof. U. R. Rao and Shri Y.H. Malegam retired as Directors of the Central Board of the Bank.
R. R. Sinha
Deputy General Manager