F. No. 225/72/2010/ITAJI
Government of India
Ministry of Finance Department of Revenue
Central Board Of Direct Taxes
Order under Section 119 of the Income Tax Act, 1961
On consideration of the reports of disturbance of general life caused due to earthquake in the State of Sikkim, the Central Board of Direct Taxes, in exercise of powers conferred under Section 119 of the Income Tax Act 1961, hereby extends the ˜due date™ of filing of returns of Income for the Assessment Year 2011-2012, from 30th September 2011 to 31st October 2011 in respect of assessees assessed at Sikkim. Accordingly, the ˜Specified date™ for Tax Audit report as prescribed under Section 44AB of the Income Tax Act, is also extended to 31st October 2011
1. PS to F.M. / OSD to FM/ PS to MOS (R).
2. PS to Secretary (Revenue).
3. Chairman (DT), All Members, Central Board of Direct Taxes.
4.CCsIT, Kolkata and Guwahati.
5. All Joint Secretaries / Directors/ Deputy Secretaries/ Under Secretaries of Central Board of Direct Taxes.
6. DIT (Systems), New Delhi, for appropriate publicity by putting it on departmental website. 7. The C & AG of India (30 Copies).
8. The JS & Legal Advisor, Min of law & justice, New Delhi.
9. The DG, NADT, Nagpur.
10. The Institute of Chartered Accountants of India, IP Estate, New Delhi-110003.
11. All Chambers of Commerce
12.CIT (OSD), Official Spokesperson of CBDT.
13. All Cs.IT, CBDT