After releasing the Revised Taxonomy and MCA validation tool some time back, MCA has released XBRL filing form nos. 23AC XBRL and 23ACA XBRL by introducing Companies (Filing of Documents and Forms in eXtensible Business Reporting Language) Rules, 2011 effective from today i.e. 6th October, 2011.
The existing Form 23AC and Form 23ACA are not to be used for filing balance sheet and profit and loss account in XBRL mode. For this, new Form 23AC-XBRL and 23ACA-XBRL have been made available on the MCA portal today and therefore Companies can now file the Balance Sheet and Profit and Loss Accounts and related schedules in XBRL mode.
Steps for eFiling of XBRL documents
1. Tagging of the financials and Creation of XBRL instance document
2. Download XBRL validation tool
3. Load the instance document
4. Validate the instance document
5. Pre-scrutiny of the instance document
6. Convert to pdf and verify the contents of the instance document. (This step is essential to ensure that the textual information entered in the instance document is clearly
7. Attach instance document to the Form 23AC-XBRL and Form 23ACA-XBRL
8. Submitting the Form 23AC-XBRL and Form 23ACAXBRL on the MCA portal
XBRL filing Manual can be downloaded by Clicking at the Links below
Time lines for filing XBRL forms
MCA has given exemption of additional fee for filing the financial statements in XBRL mode for the financial year 2010-11. The company can file the Form 23AC-XBRL and Form 23ACA- XBRL without additional fees up to 30th November 2011 or 60 days from due date of filing, whichever is later.
XBRL services by eMinds Legal Consulting Private Ltd.
You could send your PDF and Soft financial statements to us at email@example.com and we can help you convert the same into XBRL.
You would be glad to note that we are also listed at the MCA site as one of the XBRL service providers.
We do the complete tagging, conversion, verification, validation and filing for you and shall take responsibility for the following deliverables in particular:
– Generation of XBRL instance documents for B/S and P&L including Schedules, Notes to the Accounts, Director™s Report and Auditors™ Report
– Preparation of Form 23AC (Balance Sheet) and 23ACA (P&L)
– Certification of the above forms and certification of the XBRL instance documents
– Filing of the above forms alongwith XBRL instance documents
Benefits to You
– No XBRL training required for your staff
– No need for you to buy expensive XBRL software
– You get specialized professional services w.r.t. Tagging of the Financials which is a technical and time consuming exercise involving accounting knowledge and skills as opposed to the popular myth that the software will do it automatically
– Cost savings to you on the following counts:
- Salary of XBRL people/team for the year i.e. Maintaining pool of people with specialized knowledge in XBRL taxonomy throughout the year for this once a year filing
- Specifications / Taxonomies / Business rules might change requiring more trainings and support.
Team eMinds Legal Consulting Private Limited
D-126, 2nd Floor, Sushant Lok II
Sector 56, Gurgaon 122011
Tel: +91 (124) 426-0141