The three day long 53rd National Cost Convention of Cost and Management Accountants (CMA) for the year 2012 is being organised by the Institute of Cost Accountants of India (ICAI) here in New Delhi at Vigyan Bhawan from tomorrow onwards. It will focus on Enhancing the long term enterprise value- Environment, Society and Governance Towards New form of Business Reporting and be inaugurated by the Minister of State for Corporate Affairs, Shri R.P.N. Singh. Shri Naved Masood, Secretary in the Ministry of Corporate Affairs will deliver Special Address during the Inaugural Session.
The theme chosen for the convention is SustainabilityFramework-Integrated Reporting Imperatives for CMAs. It is to bring into account the integrated Sustainability Management and involves managing opportunity and risk, measuring and managing performance, providing insight and analysis to support decision making.
Over 1000 delegates including eminent national and international experts are expected to attend the convention and share their knowledge and experience on these issues. The Inaugural Session will be followed by Plenary Session which will be addressed by Shri Raj Purohit, Vice Chancellor, Jai Narayan Vyas University, Jodhpur, Shri Kashi Balachandran, Prof. Stern School of Business, NY, USA, Mr. Vittorio Lusvarghi,Member, PAIB,IFAC, and Shri.S.Jayaraman, Member, CERC.
The Technical Committee of the Convention under the chairmanship Shri Arvind K. Awasthi, Deputy Comptroller & Auditor General of India has decided on the following sub-themes:
– Policy Intervention for Sustainable Development with CMA as an Enabler
– Enhancing Corporate Governance Framework to Integrate Sustainability and Strategy: Performance Management and Compliance
– Deepening Capital Markets through Responsible Investment Supporting Sustainability:
– From Financial Reporting to Integrated Reporting- Paradigm Shift
– Climate Change, carbon emissions and Management Accounting, Carbon Accounting
– CMA as a game changer in supporting sustainable strategies: Risk Management, Whole Life Costing
The Institute of Cost Accountants of India (ICAI) is a statutory body established under the Cost and Works Accountant Act, 1959 passed by the Parliament. The Act has been amended from time to time and was last amended in January 2012 this year.