Employees™ Provident Fund Organization (EPFO) had recently started the Electronic Challan cum Return (ECR) facility for employers for promoting a prompt and transparent service.
Now, EPFO has issued a circular on introducing a facility of E-Passbook to Provident Fund (˜PF™) Members through Member Portal on EPFO website.
What is E-Passbook:
E-Passbook is the employee Provident Fund status book (PDF). Employee can check own PF status
What are the advantages for Online registration ?
Only a Registered Member can download His/Her Pf Account Passbook . Passbook Will be available for Immediate downloads only for the active members for whim the employer has uploaded an electric challan cum return (ECR) and remitted the due.
For members who have left the services before March2012, The passbook will be made available if the member makes a request for the same on the portal.
Passbook of members makes a request for the same on the portal. Passbook of the members having inoperative or settled accounts will not be displayed on the portal.
Can A member create His own User ID and Password on the Portal ?
No, Any chosen Document number as in Pan ,aadhar , passport, etc will be the user id and mobile Number will be the password. The Member will not have to remember the user id and password in such case.
According to the circular, the EPF members will be able to directly approach the EPFO website and obtain E-Passbook after entering the following details:
- Establishment registration number (PF Code Number)
- Extension Code (if any)
- Employee Number and
- Name as per PF account slip
The E-Passbook will be available subject to reconciliation of payments with the returns filed by companies. This E-Passbook facility is available only to active members.
E-Passbook will not be available to:
- Employees whose PF claims have been settled
- Employees whose accounts have become
- dormant (inoperative accounts)
- Employees who belong to Exempted Establishments which run their own PF trust
Register online to view your EPF Account Passbook.
- The facility at present is only for the members for whom the employer has uploaded the Electronic Challan Cum Return for the wage month of May 2012 onwards.
- There is no need to create and remember any user id and password. You have to use your mobile number and any of your following identification proof number such as PAN, AADHAR, NPR (National Population Register), Bank Account, Voter ID, Passport or Driving License to register and thereafter to login.
- You can add multiple id numbers (one id against each of the listed types) and any one along with the mobile number can be used for the login.
- One mobile number can be used for one registration only.
- A registered member can view only one account details under one establishment. In case you are having more than one account under one establishment, please apply for transfer through the Form 13.
- One member can view up to a maximum of 10 accounts under different establishments. The 10 accounts can be viewed any number of times. Get your old accounts transferred to the current one by using the Transfer Form 13.
- Facility to display the accounts of inoperative accounts will be provided later through a request mode.
- The facility is not for the current members of establishments having exemption under the EPF Scheme 1952.
The E – Passbook facility introduced by EPFO is a welcome step and will lead to greater transparency. It will help the companies and employees in ascertaining that proper amounts are being credited to employee PF accounts.