A. P. (DIR Series) Circular No. 47
October 23, 2012
All Authorised Dealers in Foreign Exchange
Madam / Sir,
Export of Goods and Services
Simplification and Revision of Softex Procedure
Attention of the Authorised Dealers is invited to Regulation 6 of the Notification No. FEMA 23/2000-RB dated May 3, 2000 viz. Foreign Exchange Management (Export of Goods and Services) Regulations, 2000, as amended by the Notification No.FEMA.36/2001-RB dated February 27, 2001, in terms of which designated officials of the Ministry of Information Technology, Government of India at the Software Technology Parks of India (STPIs) or at Free Trade Zones (FTZs) or Export Processing Zones (EPZs) or Special Economic Zones (SEZs), had been authorized to certify exports declared through SOFTEX Forms.
2. Considering the spurt in the volume of software exports from India in recent times, the complexity of work contracts involved, the voluminous nature of contract agreements and the duration involved in execution of each contract as well as the time-consuming process involved in the certification of SOFTEX forms, simplified and revised Softex procedure was introduced videA.P. (DIR Series) Circular No.80 dated February 15, 2012. Initially the revised procedure was applicable in STPI at Bangalore, Hyderabad, Chennai, Pune and Mumbai with effect from April 01, 2012.
3. Since the revised procedure is running successfully at the 5 designated centres, it has been decided to implement the revised procedure in all the STPIs in India with immediate effect.
4. As per the revised procedure, a software exporter, whose annual turnover is at least Rs.1000 crore or who files at least 600 SOFTEX forms annually on all India basis, will be eligible to submit a statement in excel format as detailed in our A.P. (DIR Series) Circular No.80 dated February 15, 2012.
5. Authorised Dealers may bring the contents of this circular to the notice of their constituents concerned.
6. The directions contained in this circular have been issued under Section 10(4) and Section 11(1) of the Foreign Exchange Management Act, 1999 (42 of 1999) and are without prejudice to permissions / approvals, if any, required under any other law.
Chief General Manager