A.P. (DIR Series) Circular No. 51
November 15, 2012
All Authorised Persons in Foreign Exchange
Know Your Customer (KYC) norms/Anti-Money Laundering (AML) standards / Combating the Financing of Terrorism (CFT) Obligation of Authorised Persons under Prevention of Money Laundering Act, (PMLA), 2002, as amended by Prevention of Money Laundering (Amendment) Act, 2009 Money changing activities
Attention of Authorised Persons is invited to F-Part-II of the Annex to the A.P. (Dir Series) Circular No. 17 [A.P. (FL/RL Series) Circular No. 04] dated November 27, 2009, as amended by the A.P. (Dir Series) Circular No. 60 dated December 22, 2011.
2.Based on several representations received from Full Fledged Money Changers (FFMCs), regarding difficulties in obtaining documents other than passport, and taking into account the procedure followed for money changing in other countries, it has been decided to amend certain instructions contained in the aforementioned Part. The amended instructions are given in the Annexure.
3. All the other instructions contained in the A.P. (DIR Series) Circular No. 17 [A.P. (FL/RL Series) Circular No. 04] dated November 27, 2009, as amended from time to time shall remain unchanged.
4. Authorised Persons may bring the contents of this circular to the notice of their constituents concerned.
5. These guidelines are also applicable mutatis mutandis to all agents/ franchisees of Authorised Persons and it will be the sole responsibility of the franchisers to ensure that their agents / franchisees also adhere to these guidelines.
6. Please advise your Principal Officer to acknowledge receipt of this circular letter.
7. The directions contained in this Circular have been issued under Section 10(4) and Section 11(1) of the Foreign Exchange Management Act, 1999 (42 of 1999)and also under the, Prevention of Money Laundering Act, (PMLA), 2002, as amended by Prevention of Money Laundering (Amendment) Act, 2009 and Prevention of Money-Laundering (Maintenance of Records of the Nature and Value of Transactions, the Procedure and Manner of Maintaining and Time for Furnishing Information and Verification and Maintenance of Records of the Identity of the Clients of the Banking Companies, Financial Institutions and Intermediaries) Rules, 2005 as amended from time to time and are without prejudice to permission /approvals, if any, required under any other law.
Rudra Narayan Kar
Chief General Manager