DEPARTMENT OF TRADE AND TAXES
VYAPAR BHAWAN, I.P.ESTATE. NEW DELHI-110002
No .F.(20)/2008-2009/CTT/EDP/Vol-III/Pt. file/13
Consequent upon closure of Centralized Registration Cell, the registration of dealers will be done either through online mechanism or manually through the concerned wards.
The list of documents required for filing application for registration is as under:
1. Duly filled Application for Registration in Form DVAT-04 for DVAT Registration along with Annexure as applicable.
2. Completed Application in Form-A for registration under Central Act.
3. Security in Form DVAT-12 with security bond under DVAT Act only duly notarized and same should bear stamp and signature of surety dealer (not required upto 05.04.2013).
4. Dealer has to submit Registration Fee of Rs. 500/- in the form of Court fee for DVAT and a fee of Rs. 25/- under Central Act in the form of Court Fee Stamps.
5. Proof of incorporation of Company i.e. Memorandum of Association & Article of Association alongwith list of Directors
6. Partnership deed in case of Partnership Firm.
7. Proof of legal possession of principal place/additional places of business. (NOC from landlord not required w.e.f. 16.08.2012)
8. Copy of Permanent Account Number (PAN)
(i) In case of proprietorship of the Proprietor.
(ii) In case of Partnership, PAN of Firm as well as Partners.
(iii) In case of Pvt. Ltd./Ltd. Company, PAN of the Company as well as all the Directors.
(iv) In case of HUF, PAN of HUF l as well as of Karta
9. Photograph of Proprietor/Partners/Directors and Authorized Signatory on application form.
10. Proof of dealer being liable. for Registration under DVAT/Central Act if the registration is being applied for as mandatory requirement.
11. Proof of Identity/ Residence ID of the dealer/Authorized signatory in the form of Passport, Voter Identity Card, AADHAR Card, Driving License, Identification by Nationalized Bank or employer (Govt./PSU)
12. Proof of Bank Account of the dealer along with a cancelled cheque for MICR.
13. Two self addressed envelopes of the size of 11″ x 4.5 “.
14. Indicate Ward Number of the Dealer.
Further stepwise procedure for manual registration to be followed is as under:
I. The dealer will submit duly filled Application in DVAT-04 (Local) and Form “A”(Central), as the case may be, at the Front Office along with the self attested copies of supporting documents as mentioned above till 3.00PM. The Zonal-in-charge shall arrange to collect and forward the same to the concerned wards by 5.00 PM. Trout Office personnel shall prepare a list of PAN of all application received during the day and hand it over to the Zonal -in-charge ( Day-1 ].
2. Ward-in-Charge, after getting the PAN verified, shall handover the application ludic VATI concerned for physical verification of business premises. The VATI will also verify the documents submitted along with the application with the originals thereof I Day-24
3. The VATI shall visit the business premises within next 3 working days and submit the verification report to the Ward in-charge.
4. After receipt of verification report from the VATI, the Ward-in-charge shall either grant the TIN if the application found in order or issue deficiency Memo in Form. DVAT-05, if any deficiency is found in the application, within next 2 days.
5. The adherence to above timelines will ensure disposals of the applications well within the prescribed period of 15 days from the receipt of application, in accordance with e-SLA.
Procedure for on-line registration
1. Dealer willing to seek registration accesses a link on DVAT website and submits information regarding name, PAN and contact details.
2. PAN details furnished by the dealer are verified from NSDL by an official of the Department. On successful verification of PAN, a login ID and password will be sent to the dealer through e-mail,
3. Applicant dealer logs in and furnishes information required for DVAT/ CST registration, uploads address proof and other supporting documents etc. and submits registration request online.
4. Applicant dealer receives an e-mail informing about the name and contact details of the concerned Ward In-charge.
5. The dealer has not yet furnished a signed copy of registration application and other documents but the counting of 15 days time (under section 19 of UVAT Act and also as per e-SLA) allowed for granting or rejecting registration will begin from the working day following the date of online submission.
6. The registration application will become visible to Ward In-charge on his login immediately after the verification of PAN.
7. Ward In-charge will assign the application to Ward VATI for physical inspection of business premises and verification of documents uploaded by the dealer.
8. Ward VATI will visit the business premises. He will also obtain a signed hardcopy of the registration application along with all enclosures submitted by the dealer online.
9. Ward VAT: will submit the inspection report to their Ward In-charge.
10. Ward In-charge will approve/ reject the registration application or issue notice to the dealer.
11. On approval by Ward In-charge, dealer will receive intimation through e-mail.
12. RC will be sent to the dealer at his principal place of business by registered sped post.
This issues with the approval of Commissioner (Trade & Taxes)
Addl. Commissioner (Policy)
Dated : 04.04.2013
No .F.(20)/2008-2009/CTT/EDP/Vol-III/Pt. file/13