GAZETTE OF THE INDIA, EXTRAORDINARY
[Part II, Section 3, Sub-section (ii) J
MINISTRY OF COMMUNICATIONS AND INFORMATON TECHNOLOGY
(DEPARTMENT OF ELECTRONICS AND INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY)
New Delhi, the 20th March 2013
Concerning Implementation of “Electronics and IT Goods (Requirement of Compulsory Registration) Order, 2012”.
SUBJECT: Extension in date of coming into effect of the “Electronics and IT Goods (Requirement of Compulsory Registration) Order, 2012”.
WHEREAS Govt. of India, DeitY has issued the “Electronics and IT Goods (Requirement of Compulsory Registration) Order, 2012” (here-in-after called the “Order”) for 15 electronic items, AND WHEREAS certain issues have arisen with regard to compliance to the Order, AND WHEREAS these issues have been discussed with all stakeholders AND WHEREAS to address these issues, and to sustain the resources to facilitate the industry for smoot implementation of the Order, the following notification is issued in continuation of the Order.
1. Extension in date
The date of coming into force of the “Electronics and IT. Goods (Requirement of Compulsory Registration) Order, 2012” stands extended to 3d July, 2013.
2. Grandfathering of Products
All products manufactured/imported before the notified date of coming into effect of the Order i.e. 3° July, 2013 shall not be covered by the provisions of the Order.
3. An additional period of three months for the manufacturing units to comply fully with “Electronics and IT Goods (Requirement of Compulsory Registration) Order, 2012” shall be available w.e.f. 0 July, 2013 subject to the following:
a. which submit the request for registration to Bureau of Indian Standards (BIS) with complete test reports from BIS recognized labs before July 3, 2013 are allowed such an extension of time till October 3, 2013 for full compliance with the Order.
b. which submit the products to the BIS recognized labs before July 3, 2013, but test reports are not available, be levied a fee on a per month basis at the rates specified in Annexure A to this notification, for such period till they submit request for registration to BIS with complete test reports.
c. which do not submit the products to the BIS recognized labs before July 3, 2013, be levied a fee on a per month basis at 3 times the rates specified in Annexure A to this notification, for such period till they submit their samples for testing and thereafter with a fee on a per month basis at the rates specified in Annexure A to this notification for such period till they submit request for registration to BIS with complete test reports.
4. Provided that such extension beyond 3d July, 2013, shall only be available against specific provisional clearance orders issued by DeitY for such products as specified in the schedule to the Order and requested for in the respective applications seeking such extension.
5. Provided that the applications for such extension are duly supported by evidences for the stage of compliance and provisions in clause(3) above
6. Provided further that the fee as stated in Clause (3) above is duly submitted in advance by Demand Draft / Pay Order in favor of “Pay and Accounts Officer, DeitY”
7. Provided that the fee so calculated by the notified authority shall remain uncontested and non-refundable
8. Provided that such fee shall be calculated in units of per month basis and request could be made in advance and for this purpose part of a month shall be treated as a full month.
9. Besides manufacturing units, request for such extension could be made by liaison office or branch office located in India of the manufacturing units located abroad and extension orders shall be issued in the name of manufacturing units but handed over to the liaison office or branch office located in India.
10. Request for extension as mentioned in para 3 above, shall be addressed to ” The Nodal Officer, ESDM (Standards) – CR Extension” located at DeitY, Electronics Niketan, New Delhi -110003
This Notification will come into immediate effect.
Joint Secretary to the Government of India
DeitY F. No. 8(14)12006-IPHW Vol 1V
|SI. No.||Product||Indian Standard||Fee to be||charged|
|1||Electronic Games (Video)||IS 616:2010||50000,||1000|
|3||Plasma/LCD/LED Television of screen size 32″ or above||IS 616:2010||50,000||1000|
|4||Optical disc players with built in amplifiers of input power 200w and above||IS 616:2010||50,000||1000|
|5||Microwave Ovens||IS 302-2-25:1994||50,000||1000|
|6||VDUs, Video Monitors of screen size 32″ or above||IS 13252:2010||50,000||1000|
|7||PrintersPlotters ,||IS 132522010 :||Up to A4 size=50000||1000|
|Above A4 size =1,00,000||2000|
|8||Scanners||IS 132522010 :||Up to A4 size=50000||1000|
|Above A4 size =1,00,000||2000|
|9||Wireless Keyboards||IS 13252:2010||25,000||500|
|10||Telephone Answering machines||IS 13252:2010||50,000||1000|
|11||Amplifiers with input power 2000w and above||IS 616:2010||100,000||2000|
|12||Electronic Musical Systems with input power 200w and above||IS 616:2010||50,000||1000|
|13||Electronic clocks with Mains Powers||IS 302-2:26:1994||25,000||500|
|14||Set Top Box||IS 13252:2010||50,000||1000|
|15||Automatic Data Processing Machine||IS 13252:2010||1,00,000||2000|
For series of products concerning above models, the fees would be applied at 1.5 times of the above rates.