The Constitution of the Tax Bench in the Bombay High Court w.e.f. 10.06.2013 has been announced. The following is the Constitution:
||THE HON™BLE CHIEF JUSTICE AND
THE HON™BLE SHRI JUSTICE M.S. SANKLECHA
(COURT ROOM NO. 52)
MONDAY TO FRIDAY EXCEPT THURSDAY
For admission, final hearing and Interlocutory applications therein:-
- Original Side Civil Writ Petitions relating to:-
- Challenging vires of an Act or an Ordinance,
- Rights of persons with disabilities.
- Environmental matters
- Infrastructure Projects:- roads, bridges, railways, airports, water transport.
- Original Side Appeals filed from 1st March 2013.
- All Income Tax Appeals, and Interlocutory applications therein,
- Chartered Accountants Appeals and References for hearing and final disposal.
Public Interest Litigations (Civil) for admission, final hearing and order matters therein, except those assigned to other courts.
EVERY FRIDAY AFTERNOON SESSION
Hon™ble the Chief Justice will take up Arbitration Applications u/s. 11 of Arbitration and Conciliation Act 1996, where the claim is for an amount of Rs.5 crore or more, and all applications and Court Receiver™s reports therein and Hon™ble Shri Justice M.S. Sanklecha will sit in Court Room No. 26 and will take up Original Side/Appellate Side mattes, to be notified separately.
||THE HON™BLE SHRI JUSTICE DR. D.Y. CHANDRACHUD AND
THE HON™BLE SHRI JUSTICE A.A. SAYED
COURT ROOM NO. 49
|For admission, final hearing and order matters therein:
- Writ Petitions, references and applications in direct and indirect taxation matters and those relating to Foreign Trade (Regulation and Development) Act, 1992 including FERA, FEMA, Maharashtra VAT, Sales Tax.
- Appeals under above Acts/categories (other than those assigned to the D.B. presided over by Hon;ble the Chief Justice).
- Writ Petitions/Appeals against SEBI and Electricity Regulatory Commissions.
- Original Side Appeals filed up to 28th February 2013.
APPELLATE SIDE MATTERS
Tags: Arbitration, Bombay High Court, Hon, Income tax, Law, Maharashtra, The Honourable, Writ Petition