UBD.BPD (PCB) Cir. No. 52 /14.01.062/2012-13
May 31, 2013
The Chief Executive Officer
All Primary (Urban) Co-operative Banks
Madam / Dear Sir,
Implementation of Section 51-A of UAPA, 1967 Updates of the UNSCR 1267 (1999) /1989 (2011) Committee™s Al-Qaida Sanctions List and Consolidated List Primary (Urban) Co-operative Banks
Please refer to our circular UBD. BPD. (PCB) Cir. No. 47/ 14.01.062/ 2012-13 dated April 4, 2013 on the captioned subject. We have since received from the Ministry of External Affairs, UNP Division, Government of India copies of notes dated January 15, 2013 February 5, 11, 22 & 25, 2013 and March 12, 14, 18, 19, 20 & 25, 2013 (copies enclosed) forwarded by the Chairman of UN Security Council’s 1267/1989 Committee regarding changes made in the ˜Al-Qaida Sanctions List™, i.e. list of individuals and entities linked to Al-Qaida. Further, copies of Consolidated List of the Committee with respect to individuals, groups, undertakings and entities associated with Al-Qaida received with Note Verbale SCA/2/13 (13) dated April 8, 2013 are also enclosed.
2. Primary (Urban) Co-operative Banks (UCBs) are required to update the list of individuals/entities as circulated by Reserve Bank of India. Before opening any new account, it should be ensured that the name/s of the proposed customer does not appear in the list. Further, banks should scan all existing accounts to ensure that no account is held by or linked to any of the entities or individuals included in the list.
3. UCBs are advised to strictly follow the procedure laid down in the UAPA Order dated August 27, 2009 enclosed to our circular UBD.CO.BPD. PCB. Cir. No. 21/12.05.001/2009-10 dated November 16, 2009 and ensure meticulous compliance to the Order issued by the Government.
4. As far as freezing of funds, financial assets or economic resources or related services held in the form of bank accounts of the designated individuals/entities are concerned, action should be taken as detailed in paragraph 7 of the circular dated November 16, 2009 mentioned above.
5. The complete details of the said list are available on the UN website:
6. Compliance Officer/Principal Officer should acknowledge receipt of this circular to the Regional Office concerned.
Encls.: As above.