C.R.I. -13/1(Core Comm) : Corr.No.3
CENTRAL BOARD OF DIRECT TAXES
DIRECTORATE OF INCOME TAX
ICADR Building, Plot No. 6, Vasant Kunj Institutional Area Phase-II,
New Delhi 110070. Ph. 26130599, Fax 26130598.
F. No. HRD/CM/102/3/2009-10/(Pt)/1094
Dated : 2nd July, 2013
Sub:-Implementation of the Cadre Restructuring proposals in Income Tax
Department : Constitution of Sub-committee No.1:
Jurisdiction & Deployment of Posts
1. Pursuant to the approval of the Government to the Restructuring Proposal of the Income-tax Department on 23.05.2013 for the creation of 20,751 additional posts, and for carrying out various measures to increase the effectiveness of the Department, a Core Committee has been constituted by the CBDT on 19.06.2013 to facilitate implementation of the Cadre Restructuring.
2. The Board has also decided to constitute other Sub-committees to help in executing the various tasks emanating from the approved restructuring smoothly without affecting the important ongoing functions and annual targets of the Department.
3. Accordingly, a Sub-committee on Jurisdiction & Deployment of Posts is constituted as under:
1. SHRI. M K MIRANI (77017) (CHAIRMAN)
2. SHRI. B. MURALI KUMAR (83058)
3. SHRI. TAPASH KUMAR DUTTA (85023)
4. SHRI. PRADIP MEHROTRA (88037)
5. SHRI. SANJIV SINGH (91021)
6. SHRI. CHANDRA VIJAY (03029)
7. SHRI. C P SINGH (03551)
4. Shri, Nikhil Choudhary, Addl DIT HRD shall be the Member Secretary to this Sub-committee.
5. This Sub-Committee No. I known as Sub-committee for Jurisdiction and Deployment of posts shall be responsible for recommending the setting up of various offices along with their jurisdiction in accordance with the approved proposals. The Sub-committee shall recommend the Regions/Charges/ places where the additional posts/officers/officials can bedeployed, and their likely jurisdiction keeping in mind the need:
- to balance the operational requirement with minimum displacement of work/cases/offices;
- to maximise the convenience to the taxpayers;
- to maximise workplace convenience to officers from the point of view of administrative setup, facilities and infrastructure;
- to consider existing and future revenue potential, and
- to examine the possibility/feasibility of locating Income-tax office(s) in every District in India
6. The Chairman of the Sub-committee may further:
- constitute Working Groups including members of this Sub-committee, with each Group being responsible for making recommendations on functional areas such as Investigation, Central Charges, International Tax/Advance Pricing Agreements/ Transfer Pricing, TDS, Exemptions, Corporate/Non-corporate etc.
- ensure that each Group co-ordinates with the concerned CCIT CCA/DGIT in their respective area of work, and
- obtain inputs from all CCIT CCA Regions, and all stakeholders; with the Addl. CsIT (Hq) being responsible for providing the specific inputs for the particular Regions.
- ensure that the Implementation Committee set up by the CCsIT CCA shall obtain inputs from members of Group A, B and C cadres and shall communicate the same to the respective Sub-committee.
7. The time-frame for this Sub-committee to complete its task shall be three months.
8. The Sub-committee shall,
- Prepare and submit an Interim Report within two weeks of this Office Order, indicating the methodology and time frame for carrying out its work for submission of the final report.
- Submit interim/status reports from time to time indicating the progress of work and any issues that may require decisions or intervention of CBDT.
9. As decided by the Board, the aforesaid reports and communications would be submitted by the Sub-committee to the Core Committee, which would thereafter submit the same to the Board. This would facilitate co-ordination, communication, uniformity and standardization in the activities of all the Sub-committees, and ensure consistency and compliance to the basic tenets in the implementation of the Cadre Restructuring.
10. The Chairman of the Sub-committee may
- Co-opt more Members, if required, for specific activities, specialist inputs or to make the consultations broad based and inclusive.
- Constitute further Working Groups, as required, for examining various issues and for providing material that may assist the Sub-committee in its work
11. In order to ensure exchange of regular communication, feedback and inputs between the Members to achieve time-bound progress, the Sub-committee _may primarily carry out communications through electronic means including e-mail videoconferencing, as feasible and required.
12. The Headquarters of the Sub-committee shall be at New Delhi in the Directorate of HRD, which shall function as its Secretariat and shall provide:
- All coordination and secretarial support, and assistance to the Sub-committee, as may be required for its functioning.
- Collect, obtain and provide feedback, data, information analysis and any other specialist or specific inputs that may be material to and necessary for carrying out its functions.
13. This issues with the approval of Competent Authority.
Deputy Director of Income tax (HRD)
1. PS to FM/MoS (Revenue)
2. PS to Secretary (Revenue)
3. Chairman/Members CBDT
4. All Chief Commissioners of Income Tax (CCA); Director Generals of Income Tax (Inv.), ( I&CI), (Int. Taxation), (Exemption)
5. Director Generals of Income Tax (Systems), (Admn.), (Vigilance), (L&R), ( Logistics)(Training)
6. Chairman & Members of the Core Committee & Sub-committee
7. Secretary General, IRS Association, ITGOA and ITEF
8. Web-manager, irsofcersonline.org, incometaxindia.gov.in for uploading on the websites
Deputy Director of Income tax (HRD)