C.R.I. -13/1(Core Comm) : Corr. No. 6
GOVERNMENT OF INDIA
CENTRAL BOARD OF DIRECT TAXES
DIRECTORATE OF INCOME TAX
(HUMAN RESOURCE DEVELOPMENT)
ICADR Building, Plot No. 6, Vasant Kunj Institutional Area Phase-II,
New Delhi 110070. Ph. 26130599, Fax 26130598
F. No. HRD/CM/102/3/2009-10/(Pt)/1097
Dated : 2nd July, 2013
Sub:-Implementation of the Cadre Restructuring proposals in Income Tax Department : Constitution of Sub-committee No.4 : Recruitment of Group B & C Cadres and Training Needs
1. Pursuant to the approval of the Government to the Restructuring Proposal of the Income-tax Department on 23.05.2013 for the creation of a total 20,751 additional posts, and for carrying out various measures to increase the effectiveness of the Department, a Core Committee hasbeen constituted by the CBDT on 19.06.2013 to facilitate the implementation of the Cadre Restructuring.
2. The Board has also decided to constitute other Sub-committees to help in executing the various tasks emanating from the approved restructuring proposal smoothly without affecting the important ongoing functions and annual targets of the Department.
3. Accordingly, a Sub-committee on Recruitment of Group B & C Cadres and Training Needs is constituted as under:
1. SMT. KIRAN OBEROI VASUDEV (78027) (CHAIRMAN)
2. SHRI. THIRUMAL KUMAR (85017)
3. SHRI. RAMASAMY RAVICHANDRAN (87077)
4. SHRI. SANJAY BAHADUR (89037)
5. SHRI. SM DAS (02550)
6. SHRI M. S. SHARMA, DS, Ad. VII.
4. Shri, Om Prakash, DDIT HRD shall be the Member Secretary to this Sub-committee.
5. This Sub-Committee shall be responsible for looking into
- the process of filling up all the direct recruitment posts in Group B and Group Cadres
- preparation and implementation of a training plan for the newly recruited personnel in consultation with the NADT/RTIs/CCIT CCAs(for MSTUs) and training institutions
- recommending the methodology and time frame for filling up of vacant posts in the Promotion quota.
6. The Chairman of the Sub-committee may further:
- constitute Working Groups from among the members of this Sub-committee, with each Group being responsible for making recommendations on functional areas
- ensure that each Group co-ordinates with the concerned CCIT CCA/DGIT in their respective area of work, and
- obtain inputs from all CCIT CCA Regions, and all stakeholders; with the Addl. CsIT (Hq) being responsible for providing the specific inputs for the particular Regions.
- Ensure that the Implementation Committee set up by the CCsIT CCA shall obtain inputs from members of Group A, B and C cadres and shall communicate the same to the respective Sub-committee.
7. The time-frame for this Sub-committee to complete its task shall be three months.
8. The Sub-committee shall,
- Prepare and submit an Interim Report within two weeks of this Office Order, indicating the methodology and time frame for carrying out its work for submission of the final report.
- Submit interim/status reports from time to time indicating the progress of work and any issues that may require decisions or intervention of CBDT.
9. As decided by the Board, the aforesaid reports and communications would be submitted by the Sub-committee to the Core Committee, which would thereafter submit the same to the Board. This would facilitate co-ordination, communication, uniformity and standardization in the activities of all the Sub-committees, and ensure consistency and compliance to the basic tenets in the implementation of the Cadre Restructuring.
10. The Chairman of the Sub-committee may
- Co-opt more Members, if required, for specific activities, specialist inputs or to make the consultations broad based and inclusive.
- Constitute further Working Groups, as required, for examining various issues and for providing material that may assist the Sub-committee in its work
11. In order to ensure exchange of regular communication, feedback and inputs between the Members to achieve time-bound progress, the Sub-committee may primarily carry out communications through electronic means including e-mail videoconferencing, as feasible and required.
12. The Headquarters of the Sub-committee shall be at New Delhi in the Directorate of HRD, which shall function as its Secretariat and shall provide:
- All coordination and secretarial support, and assistance to the Sub-committee, as may be required for its functioning.
- Collect, obtain and provide feedback, data, information analysis and any other specialist or specific inputs that may be material to and necessary for carrying out its functions.
13. This issues with the approval of Competent Authority
Deputy Director of Income tax (HRD)
1. PS to FM/MoS (Revenue)
2. PS to Secretary (Revenue)
3. Chairman/Members CBDT
4. All Chief Commissioners of Income Tax (CCA); Director Generals of Income Tax (Inv.), ( I&CI), (Int. Taxation), (Exemption)
5. Director Generals of Income Tax (Systems), (Admn.), (Vigilance), (L&R), ( Logistics) (Training)
6. Chairman & Members of the Core Committee & Sub-committee
7. Secretary General, IRS Association, ITGOA and ITEF
8. Web-manager, irsofcersonline.org, ncometaxindia.gov.in for uploading on the websites
Deputy Director of Income tax (HRD)