607 Common Service Centres (CSCs) and 142 e-District Mission Mode Projects have been implemented in all the States (except CSC in the Union Territory of Dadar & Nagar Haveli and Daman Diu and Karnataka). The details are available at http://deitY.gov.in.
The details of CSC and e-District is as under:-
Common Service Centre:
- The State Designed Agencies implementing the Scheme in the State hold regular meetings to review the implementation of the Scheme.
- The Department of Electronics and Information Technology (DeitY) also holds regular meetings will all the stakeholders to review the implementation of the projects.
- Further, the Empowered Committee also reviews the implementation of the scheme.
- Projects status is being reviewed by DeitY regularly based on reports by the States/UTs.
- Secretary level conferences and meetings are being regularly conducted by DeitY to review the project implementation.
DeitY has adopted a number of measures for speedy implementation of the (i) Common Service Centre Scheme, including:
- Issuing Implementation Guide to States
- Providing draft REP for selection of implementation partner
- Appointing a Project Management Unit at the central level
- Creation of an Online Monitoring Tool (OMT) for smooth monitoring of progress
(ii) eDistrict MMP:
Issuing necessary guidelines and advisories from time to time for smooth implementation of the project, such as Integrated Framework for delivery of services to the citizens, Implementation Guidelines, Connectivity Guidelines, Localization guidelines, etc.
- Milestone based implementation has been adopted.
This information was given by Shri Milind Deora, Minister of State for Communications and Information Technology in a written reply to a question in the Lok Sabha today.