A.P. (DIR Series) Circular No. 20
August 12, 2013
All Category – I Authorised Dealer Banks
Madam / Sir,
Attention of Authorised Dealers (ADs) and their constituents is invited to paragraph 7.2 of A.P. (DIR Series) Circular No. 56 dated June 28, 2010 wherein they were advised to ensure that the applications for compounding are submitted only after the transactions are complete and all the requisite approvals are in place. Of late, we have been receiving a number of applications for compounding of contraventions of FEMA, 1999 which are submitted without obtaining proper approvals or permission from the concerned authorities leading to avoidable correspondence with the applicants and also return of applications. In case the application has to be returned for this reason or any other reason, the application fees of Rs.5000/- received along with the application fees is also returned.
2. To expedite the refund of compounding fees in such cases, it has been decided to credit the same to the applicant™s account through NEFT. The applicants are advised to furnish their mandate and details of their bank account as per ANNEX along with the application in the prescribed format and other documents required to be submitted in terms of the instructions contained in A.P. (DIR Series)Circular Nos. 56 and 57 dated June 28, 2010 and December 13, 2011 respectively.
3. Further, the Annexes relating to Foreign Direct Investment, External Commercial Borrowings, Overseas Direct Investment and Branch Office / Liaison Office, as given in A.P.(Dir Series) Circular No.57 dated December 13, 2011, have also been modified to include the details of income-tax PAN and the activity as per NIC codes 1987. It may please be noted that the application will be treated as incomplete without these details.
4. The applicants may also note to bring to the notice of the compounding authority change, if any, in the address/contact details of the applicant during the pendency of the compounding application with Reserve Bank.
5. Authorised Dealers may bring the contents of this circular to the notice of their constituents and customers concerned.
6. The directions contained in this circular have been issued under sections 10 (4) and 11 (1) of the Foreign Exchange Management Act, 1999 (42 of 1999).
(Rudra Narayan Kar)
Chief General Manager-in-Charge
Tags: Categories of New Testament manuscripts, Contravention, External Commercial Borrowing, Federal Emergency Management Agency, FEMA, foreign direct investment, Foreign Exchange Management Act, General manager