UBD.BPD (PCB) Cir. No.12/14.01.062/2012-13
September 10, 2013
The Chief Executive Officer
All Primary (Urban) Co-operative Banks
Madam / Dear Sir,
Implementation of Section 51-A of UAPA, 1967 Updates of the UNSCR 1267 (1999) /1989 (2011) Committee™s Al-Qaida Sanctions List – Primary (Urban) Co-operative Banks (UCBs)
Please refer to our circular UBD.BPD.(PCB). Cir. No. 6/14.01.062/2013-14 dated August 28, 2013 on the captioned subject releasing nineteenth update (copy enclosed). We have since received from UNP Division, Ministry of External Affairs, Government of India, a copy each of twentieth update note dated August 19, 2013 and twenty-first update note dated August 26, 2013 (copies enclosed) forwarded by the Chairman of UN Security Council’s 1267/1989 Committee regarding amendments made in the Al-Qaida Sanctions List, i.e. list of individuals and entities linked to Al-Qaida. The copies of the updates are available on UN website at the following url:
2. Primary (Urban) Cooperative Banks are required to update the list of individuals/entities as circulated by Reserve Bank of India and before opening any new account, it should be ensured that the name/s of the proposed customer does not appear in the list. Further, banks should scan all existing accounts to ensure that no account is held by or linked to any of the entities or individuals included in the list.
3. UCBs are advised to strictly follow the procedure laid down in the UAPA Order dated August 27, 2009 enclosed to our circular UBD.CO.BPD. PCB. Cir. No. 21/12.05.001/2009-10 dated November 16, 2009 and ensure meticulous compliance to the Order issued by the Government.
4. As far as freezing of funds, financial assets or economic resources or related services held in the form of bank accounts of the designated individuals/entities are concerned, action should be taken as detailed in paragraph 7 of the circular dated November 16, 2009 mentioned above.
5. The complete details of the said list are available on the UN website:
6. Compliance Officer/Principal Officer should acknowledge receipt of this circular to the Regional Office concerned.
Deputy General Manager
Encls.: As above