September 20, 2013
The Chairmen / Chief Executive Officers
All Scheduled Commercial Banks (excluding RRBs)
Foreign Contribution (Regulation) Rule, 2011- Online Reporting of Receipt of Foreign Contribution by banks
Under Rule 16 of the Foreign Contribution (Regulation) Rule, 2011, banks have to report to Central Government any transaction in respect of receipt of foreign contribution. Ministry of Home Affairs (MHA), Government of India has developed a software for submission of online reports of receipt of foreign contribution by banks. MHA has advised that submitting reports online through software would be optional till October 31, 2013. From November 1, 2013 onward, online submission of report would be compulsory.
2. MHA has given following instructions regarding submitting reports online:
- The online reports should contain data in Excel, CSV or txt.
- Detailed instructions regarding furnishing online reports and formats of report are given in the attached user guide.
Link to instructions and formats is given below:
All banks are accordingly advised to create their I.D. and password immediately.
3. For any clarification/suggestion regarding submission of reports, you may contact MHA at email. For any problem in filling online application, you may send email to Shri C.L.Sharma, Technical Director, (NIC), New Delhi.
4. Compliance Officer/Principal Officer should acknowledge receipt of this circular.
(Prakash Chandra Sahoo)
Chief General Manager
Encl.: User Guide