After an extension of 2 days, tomorrow is the last date for submitting suggestions/ comments for the first tranche of Draft Rules being framed under the Companies Act, 2013. The Ministry of Corporate Affairs had, through an advertisement in newspapers last month, invited suggestions/ comments from all the stakeholders for the first tranche of Draft Rules and had fixed 8th October 2013 as the last date. However, the last date had been extended by 2 days till 10th October.
Under the first tranche of Draft Rules, the following 16 Chapters have been covered:
- Chapter I Preliminary;
- Chapter II – Incorporation of Company and Matters Incidental Thereto;
- Chapter VI – Registration of Charges;
- Chapter VIII – Declaration and Payment of Dividend;
- Chapter IX – Accounts of Companies;
- Chapter X – Audit and Auditors;
- Chapter XI – Appointment and Qualification of Directors;
- Chapter XII – Meeting of Board and its Powers;
- Chapter XVI – Prevention of Oppression and Mismanagement;
- Chapter XVIII – Removal of Name of Companies from the Register of Companies;
- Chapter XIX – Revival and Rehabilitation of Sick Companies;
- Chapter XXII – Companies Incorporated Outside India;
- Chapter XXIV – Registration Offices and Fees;
- Chapter XXVI Nidhi;
- Chapter XXVII – National Company Law Tribunal and Appellate Tribunal; and
- Chapter XXIX Miscellaneous.
The Ministry has also put up the 2nd tranche of Draft Rules for public comments. In this phase, nine Chapters have been covered and the last date for sending such comments is 19th October 2013.
All the Draft Rules put out for public comments, as also the Companies Act, are available on the website of the Ministry of Corporate Affairs.
You can also download the Draft Rules Ph 1 here. Click Here