National Seminar on
– Role & Responsibilities under Companies Act 2013 –
Wednesday, 11th December 2013 Hotel Royal Plaza, New Delhi
The provisions of the Companies Act, 1956 do not define the term ˜Independent Director™. Since the emergence of various corporate scandals in India over the past few years, there has been much attention and debate on the role of company Directors. There has been a lot of focus on Independent Directors (and also, on nominee Directors). In particular, with India emerging as a preferred investment destination, there has understandably been a need to clarify the responsibilities of nominee Directors. As covered in this Note, the principles to determine the liabilities of Directors are, in large measure, common to all Directors, varying in degree depending on their respective roles and involvement in the company™s affairs. The Companies Act, 2013 takes this concept of board independence to another level altogether to deal with independent directors.
In view of these emerging issues and key developments, ASSOCHAM is organizing National Seminar on Independent Director on Wednesday, 11th December, 2013 at Hotel Royal Plaza, in New Delhi to mount larger awareness among the corporates and their feedback.
Key Discussion Areas:
- Role of Independent Director as per the new Companies Act – 2013
- Duties & Responsibilities of an Independent Director
- The view of Independent Directors amongst the promoters (including family-owned businesses, public sector corporations and multi-national companies)
- Understanding the concept of Independent Director and what it includes
- Taking concrete measures to diversify the available pool of Independent Directors rather than lament on their non availability
- True empowerment of Independent Directors developing the ability to proactively assist management make the right decisions
- Developing and acquiring skills to do their jobs effectively the importance of training and induction
- Role of Independent Director in Audit Committee
- Addressing the issue about what is the right remuneration for independent directors
- Appointment, Re-Appointment and Removal of Independent Directors.
- Managing Directors
- Independent Directors
- Presidents & CEOs
- Legal Directors
- Company Secretaries
- Corporate Managers
- Senior Officers
- Corporate Secretaries
Time, Date and Venue:
|Time||9:00 a.m. (Pre-registration is mandatory)|
|Date||Wednesday, 11th December 2013|
|Venue||Hotel Royal Plaza, New Delhi|
|Participation Fee||Rs. 4,000 /-|
Special Fee for Registration through Corporate Law Reporter: All patrons who register using the form below, will be entitled to a 10% discount on the participation fee mentioned above i.e. the New Fee is INR 3600/= only.
Register your details below and avail this discount.
[gravityform id=”9″ name=”Assocham Independent Director Conference Registration” description=”false”]