1. What are the steps for online e-filing?
1. When the business or the registered users access the MyMCA portal, they enter their username and authentication details – Password/ Digital Certificate.
2. The user will be shown a list of eForms category-wise under eForms tab .
3. At any time, the users can read the related instruction kit, available under Help menu, to familiarise themselves with the procedures.
4. The users can then fill the appropriate eForm for the service required. There is an option of pre-fill facility in the eForms, where the static details such as name and address of the company will be pre-filled by the system automatically on entering the Corporate Identity Number (CIN).
5. The users attach the necessary documents to the eForm.
6. The users may avail the pre-scrutiny service of the eForm. The documents will be verified (pre-scrutinised) by the system. In case of any inadequacies, for example, if a mandatory column in the eForm is not filled in, the user will be asked to rectify before the document is ready for execution (signature).
7.The applicant or a representative of the applicant will then submit the duly signed documents electronically.
8. The system will calculate the fee, including late payment fees, if applicable.
9. Payments will have to be made through appropriate mechanisms – electronic (credit card, Internet banking) or traditional means (at the bank counter).
(a) Electronic payments can be made at the Virtual Front Office (VFO).
(b) If the user selects the traditional payment option, the system will generate a pre-filled challan in the prescribed format. Traditional payments through cash, cheques can be done at the designated network of banks using the system generated challan. There will be five banks with estimated 200 branches authorised for accepting challan payments.
10. The payment will be exclusively confirmed for all online (Internet) payment transactions using payment gateways.
11. Acceptance or rejection of any transaction will be explicitly communicated to the applicant (including facility to print a receipt for successful transactions).
12. MCA21 will provide a unique transaction number, which can be used by the applicant for enquiring status pertaining to that transaction.
13. Filing will be complete only when the necessary payments are made.
14. In case of a rejection, helpful remedial tips will be provided to the applicant.
15. The applicants will be provided an acknowledgement through e-mail or alternatively they can check the MCA portal.
2. How can I apply for a Company Name?
File e Form INC-1 by logging in the portal along with a payment of fees of Rs.1000/- and attaching the digital signature of the applicant proposing to incorporate the company.
3. Can I apply for a company name online?
Yes, You can avail this service at MCA portal.
4. What is the validity period of the Name approved?
The approved name is valid for a period of 60 days from the date of filing of Form INC-1..If,the proposed company is not incorporated within such period, the name shall be lapsed and will be available for other applicants. Please note that there shall not be any provision for renewal of the name
5. What is the minimum number of directors required to form a company?
Minimum no. of directors for One Person Company: One, Private Limited Company: Two, for Public Limited Company: Three and, for producer company: Five.
6.What is the minimum number of subscribers required for registration of a company?
Minimum no. of subscribers for One Person Company: One, Private Limited Company: Two, for Public Limited Company: Seven and for Producer company: Ten.
7. WWhat is the minimum Paid-up Capital at the time of registration of a company?
The minimum paid up capital for Private Limited Company: Rs.1,00,000/- For Public Limited Company: Rs.5,00,000/-.
8. What should I do, if I fail to make payment of challan of Form INC-2 or INC-7 before expiry date?
In such a case, you need to file Form INC- 2/7 again but same can be filed only after 15 days from the Challan Date. On attempting to file Form INC-2/7 before the expiry of above said period, the system will give an error message “Form INC- 2/7 has already been filed corresponding to the form INC-1 Reference Number”.
9. What should I do, if I fail to make payment of challan of Form SH-7 before expiry date?
In such a case, you need to file Form SH-7 again but same can be filed only after 15 days from the Challan Date. On attempting to file Form SH-7 before the expiry of above said period, the system will give an error message “There is/ are pending Form(s) SH-7 in respect of the company. Please file this form SH-7 after approval of the pending Form(s) SH-7.”
10. What are the documents to be filed with RoC every year?
Invariably, the Balance Sheet and Annual Return have to be filed every year. Other documents such as, Return of Allotment (Form No. Pas-3), Change of Registered office (Form No. INC-22), Change among the Directors (Form No. DIR-12), Charges (Form No. CHG- 1, 9, 4)etc., have to be filed within the due date from the events taking place in the company as per the Companies Act, 2013.