SECURITIES AND EXCHANGE BOARD OF INDIA
All Registered Foreign Venture Capital Investors
All Custodian(s) of Securities
Sub: Online Filing System for Foreign Venture Capital Investors.
1. In order to facilitate ease of operations in terms of applying for registration, reporting and various compliances under SEBI (Foreign Venture Capital Investors) Regulations, 2000 (hereinafter referred to as ‘FVCI Regulations’), SEBI has introduced an online system for filings related to Foreign Venture Capital Investors (FVCI). The online system can be used for application for registration, reporting and filing under the provisions of FVCI Regulations.
2. All applicants desirous of seeking registration as a FVCI are now required to submit their applications online only, through SEBI Intermediary Portal at https://siportal.sebi.gov.in. Furthermore, all SEBI registered FVCIs are now required to file their compliance reports and submit applications for any request under the provisions of FVCI Regulations, through the online system only.The aforesaid online filing system for FVCI has been made operational from July 1, 2017.
3. Link for SEBI Intermediary Portal is also available on SEBI website – www.sebi.gov.in. In case of any queries and clarifications, users may refer to the manual provided in the portal or contact the Portal Helpline as specified in the manual.
4. Existing SEBI registered FVCIs are advised to activate their online accounts, for which activation e-mail has been sent separately.
5. This circular is issued in exercise of the powers conferred under Section 11(1) of the Securities and Exchange Board of India Act, 1992, to protect the interests of investors in securities and to promote the development of and to regulate the securities market.
Deputy General Manager