SECURITIES EXCHANGE BOARD OF INDIA
July 31, 2017
All Registered Alternative Investment Funds
All custodians of Category III Alternative Investment Funds
Sub: Online Filing System for Alternative Investment Funds.
1. In a constant endeavor to facilitate ease of operations in terms of applying for registration, reporting and various compliances under SEBI (Alternative Investment Funds) Regulations, 2012 (hereinafter referred to as ‘AIF Regulations’), SEBI has introduced an online system for filings related to Alternative Investment Funds (AIF). The online system can be used for application for registration, reporting and filing in terms of the provisions of AIF Regulations and circulars issued thereunder.
2. All applicants desirous of seeking registration as an AIF are now required to submit their applications online only, through SEBI Intermediary Portal at https://siportal.sebi.gov.in. Furthermore, all SEBI registered AIFs are now required to file their compliance reports and submit applications for any request under the provisions of AIF Regulations and circulars issued thereunder, through the online system only. The aforesaid online filing system for AIF has been made operational with immediate effect.
3. Link for SEBI Intermediary Portal is also available on SEBI website – www.sebi.gov.in. In case of any queries and clarifications, users may refer to the manual provided in the portal or contact the Portal Helpline as specified in the manual.
4. Existing SEBI registered AIFs have already been advised to activate their online accounts.
5. This circular is issued in exercise of the powers conferred under Section 11(1) of the Securities and Exchange Board of India Act, 1992, to protect the interests of investors in securities and to promote the development of and to regulate the securities market.
Deputy General Manager