SECURITIES EXCHANGE BOARD OF INDIA
August 09, 2017
To, All Custodian of Securities
Dear Sir/ Madam,
Subject: Online Registration Mechanism for Custodian of Securities
1. Hon’ble Minister of Finance, Government of India, in his speech while presenting the Budget for FY 2017-18 on February 01, 2017, announced that the process of registration of financial market intermediaries will be made fully online by SEBI.
2. It has now been decided to operationalize SEBI Intermediary Portal (https://siportal.sebi.gov.in) for the applicants to submit the applications for registration as a Custodian of Securities under the provisions of SEBI (Custodian of Securities) Regulations, 1996 (hereinafter referred to as ‘Custodian Regulations’) online. Link for SEBI Intermediary Portal is also available on SEBI website – www.sebi.gov.in.
3. All applicants desirous of seeking registration as a Custodian of Securities are now required to submit their applications online only, through SEBI Intermediary Portal at https://siportal.sebi.gov.in. The Custodian of Securities seeking approval as Designated Depository Participant (DDP) in terms of Regulation 11 of SEBI (FPI) Regulations, 2014 shall also apply through this portal. The aforesaid online registration system for Custodians of Securities and approval as DDP has been made operational with immediate effect.
4. In case of any queries and clarifications with regard to the SEBI Intermediary Portal, intermediaries may contact SEBI portal helpline on 022-26449364 or may write at firstname.lastname@example.org.
5. This circular is issued in exercise of powers conferred under Section 11(1) of the Securities and Exchange Board of India Act, 1992 to protect the interests of investors in securities and to promote the development of, and to regulate the securities market. 6. A copy of this circular is available at the links “Legal Circulars” on our website www.sebi.gov.in.
Deputy General Manager
Tel No. – 022-26449619
Email – email@example.com