[To be published in the Gazette of India, Extraordinary, Part-II, Section 3, Sub-section (ii)]
Government of India
Ministry of Finance
Department of Revenue
(Central Board of Excise and Customs)
Notification No. ___/2017-Customs (N.T.)
New Delhi, the ___August, 2017
In exercise of the powers conferred by sub-section (2) of section 146 of the Customs Act, 1962 (52 of 1962), and in supersession of the Customs Brokers Licensing Regulations 2013, except as respect things done or omitted to be done before such supersession, the Central Board of Excise and Customs hereby makes the following regulations, namely:-
1. Short title and commencement and application. –
(1) These regulations may be called the Customs Brokers Licensing and Revocation Regulations, 2017.
(2) They shall come into force on _______.
(3) These regulations shall apply to a Customs Broker who has been licensed under these regulations or regulations preceding thereto and also such other persons who have been employed or engaged by the said Customs Broker under these regulations or the regulations preceding thereto.
(4) Every licence granted or renewed under these regulations shall be deemed to have been granted or renewed in favour of the licensee, and no licence shall be sold or otherwise transferred.