September 13, 2017
To All Stock Exchanges All Clearing Corporations
Dear Sir / Madam,
Subject: Outsourcing of activities by Stock Exchanges and Clearing Corporations
1. SEBI has vide circular CIR/MIRSD/24/2011 dated December 15, 2011 prescribed Guidelines on Outsourcing of Activities by Intermediaries. Through these guidelines certain principles for outsourcing to be followed by all the intermediaries registered with SEBI were laid down. Further, based on the recommendations of the Depository System Review Committee (DSRC), vide circular dated December 09, 2015, guidelines were also laid down for governing the outsourcing of activities by the Depositories.
2. It is also observed that the stock exchanges and clearing corporations avail the services of third party service providers / outsourced agencies to perform certain processes, services or activities.
3. In this regard stock exchanges and clearing corporations are advised to formulate and document an outsourcing policy duly approved by their Board based on the guidelines placed at Annexure I.
4. Stock Exchanges and clearing corporations are also directed to take necessary steps to put in place systems for implementation of the circular, including necessary amendments to the relevant bye-laws, rules, etc., if any, within six months from the date of the circular. Stock exchanges and clearing corporations are also advised to disseminate the provisions of this circular on their website.
5. This circular is being issued in exercise of powers conferred under Section 11 (1) of the Securities and Exchange Board of India Act, 1992 and to protect the interests of investors in securities and to promote the development of, and to regulate the securities market.
Susanta Kumar Das
Deputy General Manager