OFFICE OF COMMISSIONER OF CUSTOMS NS-
IV JAWAHAR LAL NEHRU CUSTOM HOUSE,
NHAVA SHEVA TAL: URAN, DIST. RAIGAD,
F.No.S/12-Gen-82/2015-16 AM(X)(Part File)
PUBLIC NOTICE NO. 152 /2017
Subject: Export Policy of Onions- Imposition of Minimum Export Price (MEP).
Attention of the Exporters, Custom Brokers, other members from trade & industries and all concerned are invited to Notification No Notification No. 39 /2015-202, dated 23rd November 2017 issued by Directorate General of Foreign Trade on the above subject.
2. Vide aforesaid Notification, Central Government has amended Notification No. 29/2015-20 dated 24.12.2015 relating to export of onion.
3. Para 2 of Notification No. 29/2015-20 dated 24.12.2015 is amended to read as: “Export of onion for the item description at Serial Number 51 & 52 of Chapter 7 of Schedule 2 of ITC (HS) Classification of Export & Import Items shall be permitted only on Letter of Credit (LC) subject to a Minimum Export Price (MEP) of US$ 850 F.O.B. per Metric Ton till 31.12.2017″.
4. Effect of this notification is that export of all varieties of onions as described above can be allowed only on Letter of Credit (LC) subject to a Minimum Export Price (MEP) of US$ 850 F.O.B. per Metric Ton till 31.12.2017.
5. Difficulty, if any may also be brought to the notice of Deputy / Assistant Commissioner in charge of Appraising Main (Export) through email / phones (email address: firstname.lastname@example.org, Phone No : 022-27244959,).
6. Action to be taken in terms of decisions taken in this Public Notice should be considered as standing order for the purpose of officers and staff.
COMMISSIONER OF CUSTOMS, NS-IV
Copy to (through email):
1. The Chief Commissioner of Customs, Mumbai Zone- II. 2. All the Commissioner of Customs, Mumbai Zone- II.
3. All Addl./Joint Commissioners of Customs, Mumbai Zone- II.
4. All Deputy/Asstt. Commissioners of Customs, Mumbai Zone- II.
5. The DC/EDI for uploading on the JNCH website.
7. BCBA / FIEO /AIIEO / other Trade Associations.