MINISTRY OF FINANCE
(Department of Revenue)
(CENTRAL BOARD OF DIRECT TAXES)
New Delhi, the 18th January, 2018
S.O. 283(E).—In exercise of the powers conferred by clause (46) of section 10 of the Incometax Act, 1961 (43 of 1961), the Central Government hereby notifies for the purposes of the said clause, the Central Registry for Securitization Asset Reconstruction and Security Interest of India, a body set up under the Securitisation and Reconstruction of Financial Assets and Enforcement of Security Interest (SARFAESI) Act, 2002, in respect of the following specified income arising to that body, namely:—
1. fee income from Security Interest transactions;
2. fee income from transactions on Central KYC (CKYC) Records Registry;
3. interest income on fixed deposits and on saving bank account; and
4. RTI application fee.
2. This notification shall be effective subject to the conditions that Central Registry for Securitization Asset Reconstruction and Security Interest of India,—
(a) shall not engage in any commercial activity;
(b) activities and the nature of the specified income shall remain unchanged throughout the financial years; and
(c) shall file return of income in accordance with the provision of clause (g) of subsection (4C) of section 139 of the Income-tax Act, 1961.
3. This notification shall be deemed to have been applied for the financial Years 2013-2014, 2014-2015, 2015-2016, 2016-2017 and shall apply with respect to the financial year 2017-2018.
[Notification No. 3/2018/F. No. 196/29/2013-ITA-I]
VINAY SHEEL GAUTAM, Under Secy.
Explanatory Memorandum : It is certified that no person is being adversely affected by giving retrospective effect to this notification.