GOVERNMENT OF INDIA
MINISTRY OF CORPORATE AFFAIRS
New Delhi, the 23rd March, 2018
G.S.R. (E).- In exercise of the powers conferred by sub-sections (1) and (2) of section 469 of the Companies Act, 2013 (18 of 2013), the Central Government hereby makes the following rules further to amend the Companies (Incorporation) Rules, 2014, namely: –
1. Short title and commencement-
(1) These rules may be called the Companies (Incorporation) Second Amendment Rules, 2018.
(2) They shall come into force on the date of their publication in the Official Gazette.
2. In the Companies (Incorporation) Rules, 2014 (hereinafter referred to as the principal rules), for rule 9, the following rule shall be substituted, namely:-
“9. Reservation of name.- An application for reservation of name shall be made through the web service available at www.mca.gov.in by using form RUN (Reserve Unique Name) along with fee as provided in the Companies (Registration offices and fees) Rules, 2014, which may either be approved or rejected, as the case may be, by the Registrar, Central Registration Centre after allowing re-submission of such application within fifteen days for rectification of the defects, if any.”
3. In the annexure to the principal rules, for the Form ‘RUN’ the following form shall be substituted, namely:-
RESERVE UNIQUE NAME Form
[F. No. 1/13/2013 CL-V, Part-I, Vol.II]
K.V.R. MURTY , Joint Secretary.
Note: The principal notification was published in the Gazette of India, Extraordinary Part II, Section 3, Sub-section (i) vide number G.S.R. 250(E) dated the 31″ March, 2014 and subsequently amended vide the following notifications:-
|Serial Number||Notification Number||Notification Date|
|1.||G.S.R. 349 (E)||01-05-2015|
|2.||G.S.R. 442 (E)||29-05-2015|
|3.||G.S.R. 99 (E)||22-01-2016|
|5.||G. S .R.743 (E)||27-07-2016|
|8,||G.S.R. 70 (E)||25-01-2017|
|9.||G.S.R. 955 (E)||27-07-2017|
|0.||G.S.R. 49 (E)||20-01-2018|