December 7, 2018
All Listed entities
All the Recognised stock exchanges
All the Depositories
Sub: Disclosure of significant beneficial ownership in the shareholding pattern
1. Vide SEBI Circular No. CIR/CFD/CMD/13/2015 dated November 30, 2015, a format has been prescribed for disclosure of holding of specified securities and shareholding pattern under Annexure-I to the circular.
2. Vide notification dated June 14, 2018, Ministry of Corporate Affairs has notified the Companies (Significant Beneficial Owners) Rules, 2018 under which various requirements pertaining to disclosures regarding Significant Beneficial Owners have been specified.
3. In the interest of transparency to the investors in the securities market, the following is specified:
3.1. All listed entities shall disclose details pertaining to significant beneficial owners in the format prescribed at Annexure to this circular.
3.2. The format specified in the Annexure to this circular shall be Table V under clause 5 of the format of holding of specified securities specified in the aforesaid circular No. CIR/CFD/CMD/13/2015 dated November 30, 2015. The circular No. CIR/CFD/CMD/13/2015 dated November 30, 2015 shall stand modified to that extent.
3.3. All the terms specified in this circular shall have the same meaning as specified in Companies (Significant Beneficial Owners) Rules, 2018.
4. The Stock Exchanges are advised to bring the provisions of this Circular to the notice of listed entities and also to disseminate the same on its website.
5. This Circular shall come into force with effect from the quarter ended March 31, 2019.
6. This Circular is issued in exercise of the powers conferred under Section 11 and Section 11A of the Securities and Exchange Board of India Act, 1992 read with Regulation 31 and Regulation 101(2) of the Securities and Exchange Board of India (Listing Obligations and Disclosure Requirements) Regulations, 2015.
7. This Circular is available on SEBI website at www.sebi.gov.in under the categories “Listing Regulations” and “Legal”.
Deputy General Manager
Compliance and Monitoring Division-1
Corporation Finance Department
Tel No: 022 2644 9246