SECTION 5. ARTICLES
[Effective from 1st April, 2014]
(1) The articles of a company shall contain the regulations for management of the company.
(2) The articles shall also contain such matters, as may be prescribed:
Provided that nothing prescribed in this sub-section shall be deemed to prevent a company from including such additional matters in its articles as may be considered necessary for its management.
(3) The articles may contain provisions for entrenchment to the effect that specified provisions of the articles may be altered only if conditions or procedures as that are more restrictive than those applicable in the case of a special resolution, are met or complied with.
(4) The provisions for entrenchment referred to in sub-section (3) shall only be made either on formation of a company, or by an amendment in the articles agreed to by all the members of the company in the case of a private company and by a special resolution in the case of a public company.
(5) Where the articles contain provisions for entrenchment, whether made on formation or by amendment, the company shall give notice to the Registrar of such provisions in such form and manner as may be prescribed.
(6) The articles of a company shall be in respective forms specified in Tables, F, G, H, I and J in Schedule I as may be applicable to such company.
(7) A company may adopt all or any of the regulations contained in the model articles applicable to such company.
(8) In case of any company, which is registered after the commencement of this Act, in so far as the registered articles of such company do not exclude or modify the regulations contained in the model articles applicable to such company, those regulations shall, so far as applicable, be the regulations of that company in the same manner and to the extent as if they were contained in the duly registered articles of the company.
(9) Nothing in this section shall apply to the articles of a company registered under any previous company law unless amended under this Act.
Companies (Incorporation) Rules, 2014
[Effective from 1st April, 2014]
Rule 10. Entrenchment provision in Articles.—Where the articles contain the provisions for entrenchment, the company shall give notice to the Registrar of such provisions in Form No. INC.2 or [ [***] Form No. INC-32 (SPICe)], as the case may be, along with the fee as provided in the Companies (Registration offices and fees) Rules, 2014 at the time of incorporation of the company or in case of existing companies, the same shall be filed in Form No.MGT.14 within thirty days from the date of entrenchment of the articles, as the case may be, along with the fee as provided in the Companies (Registration offices and fees) Rules, 2014.
Rule 11. Model Articles.—The model articles as prescribed in Table F, G, H, I and J of Schedule I may be adopted by a company as may be applicable to the case of the company, either in totality or otherwise.
 Substituted for the words ” Form No. INC-7″ by the Companies (Incorporation) Fifth amendment Rules 2016 vide Notification no. F. No. 1/13/2013 CL -V dated 29th December 2016 effective from 1 st January 2017
 Omitted words “Form No. INC.7” by Companies (Incorporation) Amendment Rules, 2018 vide Notification No. G.S.R. 49(E) dated 20th January, 2018 effective from 26th January, 2018.