(To be Published in the Gazette of India Extraordinary Part-II, Section – 3, Sub-Section (ii))
Government of India
Ministry of Commerce & Industry
Department of Commerce
Notification No. 32 (RE 2012)/2009-2014
New Delhi, Dated: 5th February, 2013
Subject: Amendment in Notification No 24(RE-2012)/2009-14 dated 19th October 2012 relating to export of edible oils.
S.O.(E) In exercise of the powers conferred by Section 5 of the Foreign Trade (Development & Regulation) Act, 1992 (No.22 of 1992) read with Para 2.1 of the Foreign Trade Policy, 2009-2014 (as amended from time to time), the Central Government hereby amends, with immediate effect, Notification No 24(RE-2012)/2009-14 dated 19th October 2012 relating to Sl. No. 92 ofSchedule 2 of ITC(HS) Classification of Export & Import Items.
2. Export of edible oils was initially prohibited for a period of one year with effect from 17.03.2008 vide Notification No. 85 dated 17.03.2008 which was extended from time to time. Vide Notification No. 24(RE-2012)/2009-14 dated 19th October 2012, prohibition on export of edible oil has been extended till further orders.
3. Following exemptions are permitted from the prohibition on export of edible oils:
(a) Castor oil
(b) Coconut oil from all EDI Ports and through Land Custom Stations(LCS) [LCS to be notified separately]
(c) Deemed export of edible oils(as input raw material) from DTA to 100% EOUs for production of non-edible goods to be exported
(d) Edible oils from Domestic Tariff Area (DTA) to Special Economic Zones (SEZs) to be consumed by SEZ units for manufacture of processed food products, subject to applicable value addition norms
(e) Edible oils produced out of minor forest produce, ITC(HS) Code 15159010, 15159020,15159030, 15159040, 15179010 and 15219020.
4. Export of edible oils in branded consumer packs of upto 5 Kgs is permitted with a Minimum Export Price of USD 1500 per MT.
5. The prohibition will not apply to export of Peanut Butter, ITC (HS) Code 15179020. [This already stands notified at Sl. No. 10 of the Table in Para 1 of Notification No. 31(RE-2012)/2009-14 dated 4th February, 2013]
6. Effect of this notification:
Exemptions to prohibition on export of edible oils notified on 19.10.2012 (Notification No. 24) have been expanded.
(Anup K. Pujari)
Director General of Foreign Trade
(Issued from F.No.01/91/180/774/AM10/Export Cell)