HIGHLIGHTS OF THE BUDGET PRESENTED BY DEPUTY CHIEF MINISTER AND FINANCE MINISTER, SHRI AJIT PAWAR
ON 20TH MARCH, 2013
- Surveillance of transactions by Sales Tax Department to go up.
- Tax exemption on essential commodities, Solapuri chadars and towels, wet dates to continue up to 31st
- March, 2014.
- Tax exemption on currants and raisins to continue up to 31st March, 2014.
- Concessional rate on tea to continue up to 31st March, 2014.
- VAT exemption on Braille watches and vehicles for handicapped.
- Reduction in rate of tax of AICD heart implant from 12.5 per cent to 5 per cent.
- Reduction in rate of tax on certain excavators from 12.5 per cent to 5 per cent.
- Rice bran, hand pumps, water meter exempt from tax.
- Increase in tax rate of gold, silver and their jewellery from 1 per cent to 1.10 per cent and sugar cane purchase tax from 3 percent to 5 percent to raise fund for drought relief for one year.
- Increase in tax on biri, cigarette and tobacco.
- Textile for industrial use to be taxed at 5 percent.
- Tax on paver blocks to be increased from 5 percent to 12.5 percent.
- Financial Institutions liable to pay stamp duty on mortgage deeds.
- Increase in excise duty on country liquor, I.M.F.L. and strong beer.
- Increase in tax on Lottery