Government of India
Ministry of Commerce & Industry
Department of Commerce
Directorate General of Foreign Trade
Notification No 32/2015-20
New Delhi, Dated : 4th October, 2017
Subject: Procedure for export of spices to the European Union countries.
S.O.(E) – In exercise of the powers conferred by Section 3 of the Foreign Trade (Development & Regulation) Act, 1992 (No. 22 of 1992), as amended, read with Para 1.02 of the Foreign Trade Policy, 2015-20, the Central Government hereby makes the following amendment, with immediate effect, in Schedule 2 of ITC (HS) Classification of Export & Import Items relating to export of spices to the European Union countries.
2. A new entry at Sl. No. 54B shall be inserted in Chapter 09 of Schedule 2 of ITC (HS) Classification of Export & Import Items as follows:
COFFEE, TEA, MATE AND SPICES
|S.No.||Tariff item HS Code||Unit||Item Description||Export Policy||Policy Condition|
All Codes pertaining to the spices under Chapter 09 of Schedule 1 (Import Policy) of ITC(HS) Classification of Export and Import Items, 2017
All spices under Chapter 09 of Schedule 1 (Import Policy) of ITC(HS) Classification of Export and Import Items, 2017
(a) The Spices Board India is designated as the competent authority to issue Health Certificates to European Union countries in respect of export of spices;
(b) The Spices Board India shall issue such export certification within a period of 48 to 72 hours after receiving the sample from the exporter.
1) “Spice” means a group of vegetable products (including seeds, etc.), rich in essential oils and aromatic principles, and which, because of their taste, are mainly used as condiments. These products may be whole or in crushed or powdered form.
2) The addition of other substances to spices shall not affect their inclusion in spices provided the resulting mixtures retain the essential character of spices and spices also include products commonly known as “masalas”.
3) All future amendment / revision on classification of items, items description, HS Codes etc. of spices (except export policy) under Chapter 09, Schedule 1 (Import Policy) of ITC(HS) Classification of Export and Import Items, 2017 shall also apply for the purpose of export of spices.
3. Effect of this notification:
Conditions for export of spices to European Union (EU) countries have been notified.
(Alok Vardhan Chturvedi)
Director General of Foreign Trade
(Issued from F.No. 01/91/180/17 /AM18/Export cell)